Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Operation X: Challenge

"Soul Opera is by far the greatest game ever made."

"Even critics from around the globe have attested to the glory of such a technological wonder."

'...Using a combination of the best pseudo-electromagnetic software and compression systems, Soul Opera is the most vivid simulated program created, accomplishing itself as a full-scale real-time strategy game that allows the users to control the ingame AI with utmost precision, along with massive multiplayer capabilities. In fact, several tournaments are held annually between assembled teams in the full Soul Opera, skilled individuals in one-on-one mech contests named Concerto, and a down-graded version of SO for beginners named Sonata. It is by far the largest and most popular worldwide online game ever made."
Sector Seven Live Updates Channel
"Those tournaments in the full SO just happen to be the largest attractions in the entertainment district of Sector Seven. The spectators for even a low-level match fill entire stadiums just to watch the event on a MegaScreen. Banners, commercials, signs, trinkets, and more, the popularity for the sport spread like wildfire after its debut. The craziest of fanatics have dedicated their lives solely to support their favorite teams.
"When I was forced; no, invited to join the ranks of the Conductors behind the scenes, I thought there was no way I could make it. The power and glory, I couldn't grasp such a concept physically or mentally. I was only Mot, the silent, insignificant guy in the back of the classroom. I had my place, not by my choice but because it was given to me. My appearance, my grades, my act, my lack of social interaction, and several other factors made it impossible for me to go to any other spot.
"But now, I am a new person. Outside the classroom, I am no longer silent, nor am I irrelevant anymore. I have a new name and a new face. I am Rave, the commander. The revolutionary leader and the matchless soldier. Reputation is my armor, and my Operaboard is my sword and shield. With these tools, I have climbed to the top of the hill, and I am king. I am invincible-"
"Ahem," interrupted the attendant.
"This was just... a... it was... How long have you been here?" Rave sputtered.
"Quite some time. I had no intention of ruining your little speech there, but I have some news."
"And that is?"
"You have received a request. A challenger has appeared."
"Who?"
"No idea, sir, but whoever it is has a video for you. It should be in your inbox right about now."
Rave rushed to his Operaboard and checked his messages. Indeed there was a new string, but a sender was not specified. He knew who it was already. Rave opened the attached feed.
.
..
...Connected...
"Ah, it's good to see you again, Mot. Though, I should call you Rave, now, shouldn't I. Congratulations on first place in the league! I hope it hasn't gotten to your head. If it has, I'll be more than happy to fix that.
As your mentor and accomplice, I challenge you. A full match, a full fleet, everything. You may bring as many friends as you like. You will need them. If you don't want them, then I'll be more than happy to put them on standby. You have a week to decide the time and place, and the match will start the day after. Don't run away, now. (End Transmission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment